Some grantees have reported being contacted by individuals claiming to represent credit agencies or grant-making institutions. FEMA maintains a secure e-Grant Application website where all such confidential information may be submitted. Bogus phone calls, e-mails, or letters requesting social security numbers, financial account information, or fees should be disregarded.
FEMA will never request identifying information about you or your organization by telephone, e-mail, or letter. Nor will you be required to pay a fee to register or update information in the Central Contractor Registry. If you have questions, contact your Regional Fire Program Specialist, or contact the AFG Help Desk at 1-866-274-0960 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to Daily Political
Important Reminders for FY 2011 AFG Applicants
1. AFG award recommendations are underway. Award announcements will begin shortly and continue on a rolling basis into 2012 until all FY 2011 AFG funds are awarded.The list of awardees will be posted each week on the AFG website at: http://www.fema.gov/firegrants/afggrants/awards.shtm. All applicants will be notified of the decision made on their application regardless of whether they will receive an award.
2. If your application is approved for award, the primary contact will receive a single e-mail notification from email@example.com; a copy of the e-mail message will be sent to the application's Mail Center in the e-Grant Application system. This is the only notification that the applicant organization will receive. For confidentiality reasons, application decisions will not be released to anyone other the primary contact listed on the application.
3. No preliminary questionnaires will be sent to applicants that are being considered for award. FEMA Grants Management Specialists (GMS) no longer distribute questionnaires to applicants that are being considered for award. They will contact only those applicants from whom clarifying information is needed.
4. Applicants will be required to formally ACCEPT or DECLINE their awards within 30 days of the date of notification. The award will not be final until the primary contact formally accepts the award using the e-Grant Application system. Instructions on how this must be done will be provided in the Award Notice.
5. If the primary contact does not formally accept or decline the award within 30 days of award notification, the grant funds may be de-obligated and returned to FEMA. The declined grant funds will become available for award to other eligible applicants.
6. Central Contractor Registration Requirement. If your organization has not yet registered in the CCR, please go to https://www.bpn.gov/ccr/default.aspx and complete the registration as soon as possible. Awardees that have not completed the CCR registration process, or have not completed the required annual renewal and revalidation of CCR data, will not be able to draw grant funds. There is no fee to register or to renew and correct information in the CCR.
Thanks to kasa.com
How to Check the Status of Your Application
Because of the large number of applications under consideration, the AFG cannot make all award recommendations and notifications at one time. So please try to be patient as you wait to receive word about the decision on your grant application.
You can periodically check the status of your application in two ways: 1. Check for a new message from firstname.lastname@example.org in the e-mail inbox of the primary contact on your application. If your application is approved for award, the primary contact will receive a single e-mail notification from email@example.com. This is only notification that the applicant organization will receive.
2. Log in to your application using the same e-Grant Application system that you used to submit your application. Look in the AFG Mail Center for a copy of the e-mail notification sent to the primary contact on the application. If no new message is in the Mail Center or the Message Archive, then no decision has been made yet on your application.
SWNMCOG 1203 N. Hudson, 2nd Floor P.O. Box 2157 Silver City, NM 88062 Tel. (575) 388-1509 Fax: (575) 388-1500 firstname.lastname@example.org
Improving the quality of life in southwestern New Mexico